Welcome to Hillvue Preschool Ministry! It is our desire to connect Preschoolers and their families to Jesus through fun and engaging bible stories, crafts, songs, play and parent involvement.
When should I arrive with my kids?
Plan a little extra time for getting your preschooler settled with us. We recommend arriving about 15 minutes before your class or worship time to check in your preschooler. This will ensure that you have plenty of time to check in and resolve any details regarding the care that your preschooler receives.
- 7:45 AM for Sunday: for Babies up to 3 Year Olds
- 9:15 AM on Sunday: for Babies to Kindergarteners
- 10:45 AM on Sunday: for Babies to Kindergarteners
- 6:15 PM on Wednesday: for Babies to Kindergarteners
What is your registration process?
We have a registration process for all of the preschoolers visiting Hillvue in order to ensure their security. When you first arrive, please go to one of three preschool check-in areas:
Bear & Butterfly Hallway for Babies and Crawlers: Any child between birth and walking age should be checked in here. This desk is just off the old atrium and worship center foyer.
Fish Hallway for Walkers to Younger 2 Year Olds: This is located just off the old atrium and worship center foyer. Children who are between walking age and 29 months old should be checked in here.
Preschool Check in Desk for older preschoolers: This desk is on the first level of the new atrium. Children between the ages of two-and-a-half years and kindergarten age should be checked in here.
Fish Hallway for Walkers to Older 1 Year Olds: This is located just off the old atrium and worship center foyer. Children who are between birth and 24 months old should be checked in here.
Preschool Awana Check-in: This desk is on the first level of the new atrium. Children between the ages of two and kindergarten age should be checked in here.
Once you get to our check in desk, we will ask you to fill out a brief Registration Form. If you would like, you may print off a registration form here and bring the completed form with you on your first visit!
Things to bring / not to bring
- Please bring labeled jackets/coats/clothes/blankets/pacifiers/sippy cups/diaper bags for your Baby to Walker
- Please bring diapers, full set of extra clothes and socks for your Older 1-Potty Training Preschooler
- Please pack a snack for your child if your child is allergic to our snack mix (Goldfish Crackers/Cheerios/Fruit Loops)
- For Older 2s-Kindergartners: Please encourage your child to bring an offering and Bible each time to class.
- For Preschoolers that are Potty Training: Please pack an EXTRA set of clothes including TOP, BOTTOM, AND SOCKS. Your child may have an accident and quite often we do NOT have an extra pair of pants that fit your child! Please help us help you!
- For Younger 2s-Kindergarteners: Please do not bring extra toys, sippy cups, snacks, candy, gum, donuts, etc. The toys can get lost and the food items can cause frustration with the other children.
- Please label all your child's clothing/bags/etc.
- Please alert the Check-In Greeter of any allergies or health concerns.
- Please let us know if your child is potty training and please bring an EXTRA FULL OUTFIT (tops, bottoms and socks)
- Please do not pick up your children early, as it can be disruptive to other children and the classroom activities.
Check in || Security
Our check-in procedures are in place to insure that at all times we know where your child is located in case of an emergency.
When you check in your preschooler, you will receive a pager which will vibrate anywhere on our campus if we need you to return for your child. Please keep this pager on your person at all times as it's vibrate only. Each pager has a unique number which is assigned to your child and is on their name tag. You must have the pager in order to pick up your child! This is to ensure that no one picks your child up without your permission. If there is a special family situation that needs extra attention at pick-up time, please contact Pastor Kathy.
For safety and stability reasons, we ask that parents check their children at our check in station, and not go into the classroom. This helps to ease the potential separation anxiety that many preschoolers have.
Our volunteers and security team monitor all entrances to our preschool check-in areas before, during and after each class session. Once your preschooler is checked in, please know that only approved volunteers and staff are allowed passed the check-in areas. During class time, a volunteer or staff will escort anyone needing to be in the hallway. All our volunteers go through a screening process and criminal background check.
For the protection of all our preschoolers who attend, please do not bring your preschooler to class if they exhibit any of the following:
- Fever in the last 24 hours
- Vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours
- Common cold (onset through one week)
- Any unexplained rash
- Cloudy or green runny nose
- Pink eye or other eye infections
- Persistent cough
- Head Lice
- Any symptoms of common childhood disease, such as chicken pox, strep throat, etc.
We reserve the right to page you to retrieve your preschooler or not check your child in to a classroom if any of the above symptoms are showing while your child is in our care.
For more information or to volunteer for one of the ministries listed above, contact us:
Kathy Trulock- Preschool Pastor
(270)842-0012 ext. 139
Preschool Awana // Wednesday Nights
Awana is a global, nonprofit ministry committed to the belief that the greatest impact for Christ starts with kids who know, love and serve Him. Awana reaches kids for Christ through fun, Scripture-rich experiences that lead them to know, love and serve Him.
Puggles (2 year olds) - has three "friends" in the materials – Sydney the Koala, Alice the Kangaroo, Puggle the Platypus. The precepts taught are God Made Everything, God Saw That It Was Good, God Is Love and Give Thanks.
Cubbies (3 and 4 year olds) friends include Cubbie Bear, Katie Collie and Luvie Lamb. The two handbooks "AppleSeed" and "HoneyComb" are completed in alternating years and Appleseed is the handbook for the 2017-2018 Awana year.
Sparks (Kindergarteners) friends include Sparkie the firefly and children named Chloe, Joel, Jacob and Chloe's dog Sebastian. The three-book curriculum is the HangGlider, WingRunner and SkyStormer. If a clubber completes all three handbooks they earn the Sparky Award Plaque and Pin as second graders.
Heart Shaper // Sunday Mornings
HeartShaper curriculum helps kids develop the ability to study God’s Word on their own by teaching Bible skills they’ll use the rest of their lives. Bible skills are integrated in every lesson, and each HeartShaper age level builds on the skills taught in the one before it.
Toddlers & 2s - begin to understand that the Bible is God’s special book
Preschool - point to and repeat simple Bible words
Pre-K & K - begin to sequence events in main Bible stories
Check out our monthly newsletter to find out what your preschooler(s) are learning each Sunday.