Membership Seminar Dates: August 22
Chapel / 6:30p (6:00p fellowship with Pastoral Staff)
I'd like to welcome you to Hillvue Heights Church. We are praying for you as you consider becoming a member of this church. Hillvue Heights Church is a church that believes that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. We believe He died upon a cross, He is risen from the grave, and He is the only way into Heaven. We believe that people must repent of their sin and receive the forgiveness Jesus has given. We believe that people cannot change themselves, but the grace of God changes everything in the human experience.
At Hillvue, I welcome you to worship God, to learn the truth of His Word, to develop healthy relationships with other followers, to serve God through your unique God-given abilities, to participate in a place that prays always, and to give back to others richly, so Jesus' glory might be seen on this earth. Hillvue Heights Church connects, heals, and develops us into followers of Jesus Christ that He's called us to be.
We are praying that you consider Hillvue Heights Church as your faith community. As we live this life together, we appreciate the grace God has given. May the peace, grace, love and mercy of God guide you in this time of decision. Once again, welcome to Hillvue Heights Church.
Praying with You,
Dr. Stephen L. Ayers
Hillvue Heights Church is a place for all people. We are committed to fulfilling the mission of C3HD through biblical faith practices. If you would like to join us in our work, please consider the following membership expectations and join us for one of our monthly Membership Seminars.
1. Understand and Engage in our Mission
• to a relationship with Jesus through the cross and resurrection
• to the community of faith
• to the truth of the Word of God
• becoming whole and getting better
• discovering and using your gifts in God's mission to the world
2. Understand and Engage in our Vision
• Hillvue Heights Church is a place for all people to encounter Jesus.
• Members must maintain an environment that is open for all people to experience Jesus (Galatians 3:27-29).
3. Protect our Unity
• Love the people (John 13:34-35; I Corinthians 13).
• Refuse to Gossip (Ephesians 4:29).
• Respect the leadership (Hebrews 13:17).
4. Participate in our Faith Community
• Participate in worship and welcome others into worship.
• Participate in biblical teaching. Be teachable.
• Participate in church ministries; serve and be ministered to.
• Participate in building relationships with others in the church.
• Participate in prayer. Pray without ceasing.
5. Have a Giving Attitude
• Give your time, gifts, talents, efforts and money.
• God loves a cheerful giver (2 Corinthians 9:7).