Meeting Locations / Times
Bible Study (1-6th grades) || Sun. 9:30/11:00am || 2nd/3rd Floor Children and Youth Building
Awana || Wed. 6:30pm || 2nd/3rd Floor Children and Youth Building
For more info contact Pastor Angela Lasley at 270-842-0012 or by Email.
- Impact Children with the message of Christ's love for them.
- Encourage children to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
- Help facilitate each child's growth in his or her relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Work on building life skills and Christ-esteem through relevant biblical teaching and positive role modeling.
- Prepare your child to discover their uniqueness and God's mission for their lives.
Our ministry focuses on transformation- spiritual, relational, physical, and mental. We believe that the more intentional and strategic we are in ministry, the more effective we will be in equipping children to grow into spiritual champions! The children's ministry team is composed of men and women who work hard to help each child personally discover Christ's love. Lessons are designed to help children understand God's word and how to apply the truths to everyday life.
We believe that ministry to children is a responsibility that is shared by the children's team, pastors, parents, and the entire church community. The task is an exciting one- help them grow "in wisdom, in stature, and in favor with God and man." (Luke 2:52)
Awana is a program designed to help churches and parents work together to develop spiritually strong children who faithfully follow Jesus Christ. Awana lessons teach kids about the people and events of the Bible as well as answering their questions about God and guiding them to grow spiritually.
A-W-A-N-A stands for "approved workmen are not ashamed" from 2 Timothy 2:15.
Awana for 1st through 6th grades meets on Wednesday nights, from 6:30 to 7:30 pm. 1st-3rd graders on the second floor and 4th-6th graders on the 3rd floor of the Children's Building. Awana for preschoolers and kindergarten students meets on the first floor.
We meet in the large group room for Bible teaching, worship, and fun and wacky games. We also have small group time in the classrooms for scripture memory and fellowship.
Kids earn "Awana bucks" each week for bringing their Awana books and Bibles, wearing their shirts and hats, bringing friends, and memorizing scripture. We spend those bucks in Shop Night, which is held every 10 weeks. Kids enjoy saving and learning about tithing as well.
At our annual Awards Night in May, we present awards to students who have completed Awana books. Kids work hard and love receiving extra recognition for their efforts! Come and join us as we experience the love of Jesus through worship, Bible study, fellowship, prayer, and service! For more information, or to volunteer, contact Awana Director, Sally Tooley at (270) 842-0012, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find more info about the AWANA program at awana.org
Sunday mornings 9:30a and 11:00a
2nd Floor, 1st through 6th grades - The Gospel Project (for kids)
The Gospel Project presents the story of redemption through Jesus like Kids have never seen it before! Kids will gain a clear understanding of the entire Gospel story – how all of Scripture points to the gospel of Jesus.
The core values of the Gospel Project include:
Promote Gospel Transformation, Not Behavior Modification-
Every session points kids to the gospel of Jesus Christ as the source of heart-transformation and the foundation for spiritual growth.
See How the Whole Bible Fits Together-
From Genesis to Revelation, kids will understand how the entire story of the Bible reveals God’s plan of redemption through Jesus Christ.
Teach Kids to Live on Mission-
Every session is developed to help kids know God more and to learn of His missionary heart – encouraging kids to join in the story by sharing Jesus with the world.
Understand the Key Themes of Christianity-
Each session helps kids acknowledge essential theological doctrines of the Christian faith as they are found throughout the Bible.
- Classroom Teacher
- Present the small group lesson to the children
- Lead in the creation of a craft
- Classroom Assistants
- Assist the teacher by helping with attendance, snack, passing out supplies and classroom management.
- Greeters/Check in Desk
- Welcome the students and assist with getting them checked in, name tags passed out as well as security tickets to the parents.
- For security purposes, you will need to stay for the entire service
- Media Assistants
- Assist with the Big Room lesson by running the audio visual system
- Training provided
- Teachers for the Friend’s Classroom
- This is an opportunity to bring the Gospel to ALL of God’s children through working with special needs children.
- This class meets only at 9:30 on Sunday mornings.
- Training will be provided
Children's baptism class meets on the 1st Wednesday at 5:30 pm and the 1st Sunday at 11:00 am on the 3rd floor of the Children's Building. A parent is required to be with the child in this class.
Please contact Pastor Angela Lasley at 270-842-0012 or email@example.com to reserve a spot in a baptism class.